Friday, January 17, 2014

I just had my first run-in with Office 2013

I just had my first run-in with Office 2013.  It was time I got my Work PC upgraded so it was done.
I opened a document in Excel, yeah.. ok.  looks fine i guess.  Spreadsheet has a bunch of stuff in it.  OK. Microsoft Word.... ok, it's just Word.  Doesn't look too bad.  Then I open Outlook.....  I'm in this light blue on white on gray, with little gray dividers kind of thing called an email client.  I focus on it for a while.  I can see my email and such.  I look to my other screen and do some work.  I look back and start looking for the Outlook icon on my task bar.  I finally figure out that it is open right in front of me.  I thought I had a blank page open.

I think google.com has more color than this.



 I take another 30 minutes to an hour to finally focus on Outlook 2013......

I do some 'Google'ing around--trying to find a way to adjust the colors.  Not much luck.  I can make my unread emails stand out a bit better.  OK, that's a start.   I realize that I'm lucky to be running Windows 7 and not 8.  Especially after I see this guy, for lack of better terms, 'trip'n' over it:

taken from Microsoft Technet Forums 
You start Windows 8...and see all the crazy colors. Wow...there are colors EVERYWHERE....it's like Teletubbies land. Then, you launch the Excel 2013 app...and all the life is instantly sucked right out of Windows 8. You can feel it in your bones. The Office apps are a barren, Boot Hill-esque, cold wasteland....with grey and white tumbleweeds and gravestones. Then, you go back into Metro...and WHAM...it's the Skittles rainbow monster voraciously attacking everything in sight. Nom nom nom nom. Big blocks of color coming at you....it's crazy like...wow man...what a Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas strip crazy! You are flying sky high with the bats and stingrays. Life is groovy. You then launch Outlook 2013 and WHAM...there you are...slammed down to the ground...back in Frankenweenie land ready to raise some dead animals or something.
 I'm Laughing it up and feel somewhat better.  I need to get away and get a nice RibEye steak or some Chinese Buffet :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment