Saturday, June 18, 2011

Make sure you have the correct support #

I had a client call me today. They had no internet after a storm came through their area. After some troubleshooting, I noticed that their cable modem was not showing that it had a signal. I proceeded to look up the phone number for the ISP and after making my way through dozens of menu options I was put on hold for the next available representative. After about 40 minutes on hold and another 10 trying to find the correct account, i found out that I had contacted the wrong phone number for support. I was calling for a business connection and I had contacted residential support. My next call to the business department landed me a support rep in less than five minutes.

What did i learn from this? Always look for business level support phone numbers before contacting an ISP.

No comments:

Post a Comment